Brainerd – EDC Before/After-care Program
The Lumberton Extended Day Care Program (EDC) administers the before/afterschool day care program at the Brainerd and Folwell Schools as well as afterschool care at Holbein, in addition to the two elementary schools in Lumberton. EDC provides a safe, affordable and convenient day care for children enrolled in pre-kindergarten (4 year-old program) through eighth grade. Mrs. Diane Solan serves as the EDC Coordinator and her contact information can be found at the bottom of this page.
While at Extended Day Care, children are offered a safe, fun, and relaxed atmosphere with opportunities for many different activities, including games, crafts, athletics and homework. All activities are conducted and monitored by a professional and caring staff.
During the 2019/20 school year, EDC will operate following the Mount Holly schools calendar. The program is available beginning at 7 AM at Brainerd and Folwell Schools only, Monday through Friday when school is in session and at 9 AM on delayed-opening school days. On regular school days, EDC closes at 6 p.m. EDC is closed on extended holidays, full snow days or early dismissal due to inclement weather. (In the case of early dismissal, students must be picked up no later than two hours after school closing time in order for parents to incur no late charges.)
Extended Day Care is funded through parental tuition. Tuition payments are made one full week in advance on Tuesdays. Late registration fees apply when the Monday prior deadline is missed ($5 per scheduled day late fee.) Parents are required to register their children each year.
2019-2020 EDC REGISTRATION
Online registration for the EDC Program is open to all Mt. Holly students (enrolled in 4-year-old Pre K through grade 8), on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration will remain open until mid-August. The non-refundable registration fee for the 2019-20 school year is $50.00 per family and must be submitted at time of registration in order to reserve a spot for your child in the program.
To register as a new parent/family for EDC, log on to the EZ Track Website using a computer (as the system does not function fully on a mobile device) at:
- After you complete the online registration for your family, you will receive an email saying your application has been submitted.
- Once you are approved, you will receive an email with a temporary password. Log back into the system and use the “Returning Customer” icon and enter your email and the temporary password and then you will be able to create a custom password. (If you used our program in previous school years, you can go back onto the web site as a “returning customer”, update your information and then register for the school year.)
- Please note: the fee of $50.00 must be submitted upon registering your child in order to reserve a spot.
- Our online system accepts e-checks or credit card payments; all registrations must be completed online.
- The online calendar for scheduling your child for specific dates for childcare will be available by the end of July. An email will be sent to all registered families with more information.
If your family needs EDC childcare services, the first week of school (week of 9/1/19):
- Online new family registration, for the 2019-20 school year, must be completed by Thurs, 8/22/19. Registration will be closed from Friday, 8/23 at noon and re-open on Wednesday, 8/28 at 8am.
- Calendar days for EDC attendance must be scheduled and the tuition must be paid in full online by Tuesday., August 27th at 11 pm.
- There will be NO late adds the first week of school.
If your family needs EDC services after the first week of school (starting week of 9/9/19 or later), registration may be completed after Wednesday, 8/28, keeping in mind that tuition must be paid in full one week in advance on the previous Tuesday, by 6 pm at the EDC site or by 11 pm via the online EZChildTrack System.
Please contact the EDC Office by phone at 609‐261‐2974 or email (noted below) with any questions or for more information.
EDC Phone Numbers / Contact Information
Coordinator: Diane Solan
Secretary: Jennifer Grimm