In this section you will find general class materials (i.e. MLA guides, syllabus, etc.) and any other information or links that pertain to class.
Our Class Rules:
1) Follow directions quickly!
2) Raise your hand for permission to speak.
3) Raise your hand for permission to leave your seat.
4) Make smart choices!
5) Keep your dear teacher happy :)
*I will be utilizing the "Whole Brain" Teaching Approach for our classroom management system.
Grading:Reading:Homework: 10%Test/Quiz: 40%Classwork: 50%Writer's Workshop:Classwork: 20%Published Pieces: 40%Spelling Tests: 40%Math:Homework: 10%Test/Quiz: 40%Classwork: 50%Science:Classwork: 50%Participation: 50%Social Studies:Classwork: 50%Participation: 50%
- If you break a rule, you will receive a warning
- After a second time, you will be given a practice card of the specific rule and/or note written home
- After a third time, a phone call home will be made home
- After a fourth time, a phone call will be made and a 10-minute detention will be given
- If you break a rule that violates the student code of conduct, the proper disciplinary action will be taken (as outlined in the student handbook)