Welcome to Mrs. Hoffman's Kindergarten
Kindergarten is a time for fun and lots of learning. I want your child to have a terrific year filled with positive experiences and accomplishments. Working together, we can make this happen for your child.
I have a schedule that the students will follow each day. Students appear to enjoy and benefit from following a routine. However, keep in mind that it may take your child some time to transition into a full day of school. The schedule on most days consists of the following:
- Settling In (Putting away coats and backpacks, attendance, flag salute, and lunch count.)
- Specials (Art, Music, 21st Century Learning, World Language, Physical Education, Library)
- Science/Social Studies
- Literacy (Phonemic Awareness and Phonics activities, Quiet Centers/Guided Reading, Read Aloud, and Word Work)
- Writer’s Workshop/Message of the Day/Handwriting
- Drop Everything and Read
- End of the Day Activities(Homework, packing up.)
Please feel free to contact me if you should have any concerns about your child or the class. Notes, phone calls, emails, and conferences are welcomed and will be addressed promptly. These methods of communication will also be used to address any questions or concerns I may have during the year. I am looking forward to an exciting Kindergarten year with your child, one filled with lots of learning.